A Sikaku puzzle consists of a square or rectangular grid in which some of the cells contain a one or two digit number.
To complete the puzzle, a Solver must divide the puzzle into a number of rectangles so that each rectangle contains exactly
one of the numbers, and that number must be equal to the area of the rectangle which contains it. Each puzzle has a unique
solution which does no require any guesswork to achieve.
The key features of the Magnum Opus Sikaku Construction function are as follows:-
- Fully automatic construction of puzzles.
- Puzzles may be built in sizes ranging up to 20x20.
- A multi-build function allows the construction of many puzzles (thousands if necessary) in a single operation.
- Fully manual construction is also available. This allows puzzles found in the printed media to be entered into
- Puzzles can be printed in an unprecedented range of user controlled colors and formats.
Output can be sent direct to the printer or, if you install the appropriate software, it can be sent to a PDF file. The
recommended software for this purpose is Primo PDF which
you can download free from their website, although you might consider sending them a small donation if
you find their program useful. Mac users will be able to create a PDF file directly from the screen provided by
the printer driver.
- Formatted output can also be exported from the Print screen to graphic files which conform to the BMP, GIF, JPG or PNG formats.
- A fully interactive Solve function is available to allow you to solve the puzzles "on screen" without needing to print them.
- Export selected puzzles to a Java Applet which can be uploaded to a web server to provide interactive puzzle content on your web site.